Minesing United Church
Alzheimer Coffee Break *Make Your Coffee Count* Support the Alzheimer Society in your Community
Wednesday September 18th, 2013 from 9:00 to 11:00 AM
- Wednesday September 18 @ 1:30pm – Prayer Shawl Ministry Like to Knit Please join us.
- Sunday September 29 @11am – Family Fun Fair – games, snacks, face painting, and fun for all ages
- Monday September 30 @7-8:30pm – Book Club – Radical Gratitude by Mary Jo Leddy
- Sunday October 6 @10am – Worship with Communion – Reflection on “Making a Difference”
- Sunday October 13 @10am – Special Thanksgiving Worship Service
- Sunday October 20 @10am – Minesing United Church Anniversary Service
- Saturday November 3 – Christmas Bazaar, Bake Sale, and Tea
Alternative Worship – For some people, some of the time Sunday morning doesn’t work. Maybe it is about the music, maybe it is about the message, maybe it is about the time of day. We have got you covered. Check out our alternative community…The Church That Grows…a creation centred, diverse, and open church community that meets on Sunday afternoons at 4pm. This is a collaboration between Minesing, Midhurst, and Dalston-Crown Hill United Church. It moves between the three sites but one thing is always the same. This is a church community oriented to today’s issues and open, truly open, to all. http://thechurchthatgrows.blogspot.ca/
Minesing Women’s Institute
Thank you to everyone who came out for our Wednesday Coffee Morning on Sept. 4th, at Minesing United Church. Same time (9:00 – 11:00), same place, Oct. 2nd. We will be having Coffee Morning the first Wednesday of the month up to and including June 2014. See you there.
We have purchased a bench for Minesing Union Cemetery in memory of all the past members of our branch which was established on June 4, 1904. Thank you to those who have given donations towards this bench. We will be having a dedication at Minesing Cemetery on October 6 th, (Sunday) at 2:00 p.m. followed by refreshments at Minesing United Church. Please plan on joining us as we honour all the hard working ladies who have gone before. If you have any questions please call me, Phyllis Schaefer at 705-728-8431.